Therapies or actions implemented to help a person reintegrate into the society is called psychosocial intervention. Psychology refers the study of human mind, nature, functions and behaviour. Social refers to groups of people living together with shared organizations and laws in society. Both words joined together is psychological which means how humans interact and relate to one another. It focuses on how society is developed and organized on relationships and humanity.
If the interaction of a person with the society is not working well, psychological intervention may be used to guide the person to get back into a healthy state of being. This is a non medicinal means to change a person’s behaviour and relationships with the society. Psychological rehabilitation needs no pharmaceutical assistance to change a person’s behaviour towards a healthy interaction with the society. Psychological rehabilitation intervention can be used in cases of mental disorders, harmful addictions and in wellness programs. It is a key to psychosocial and social integration difficulties that usually people undergo. These interventions give support in their daily lifestyles in the most independent and decent manner.
The main function of this type of intervention is to focus on personal and social skills and lay a guideline for the affected people and their families. Psychological intervention rehabilitation has adapted extrapolated strategies from psychological fields of behaviour and modification. These series of rehabilitation strategies have proved to be very effective in psychological functions.
Types of psychological rehabilitation interventions:
- Cognitive behavioural therapies: Behavioral change of a person can be brought about by cognitive therapies. The outline of this therapy is to test reality, identify and correct defective beliefs. Patients are helped to find the relation between affection, behavior and cognitions along with their consecution. To adapt these series of attitudes and feelings, there are social skill training programs which consist in behavioral techniques of learning that allow people to acquire independent living skills to improve their living habits in the community.
- Psychodynamic psychotherapies: In individual therapy psychodynamic principles are the most central aspect to analyze the transfer that arises in between the patient and the therapist. The study must be about the patients need and not the investigator’s needs.
- Interpersonal therapy: Interpersonal psychotherapy is a short focused therapy that resolves interpersonal problems. The treatment focuses on the quality of mood and social roles and relations as well as teaches how internal and external stress can be manageable.
- Supportive therapy: Supportive therapy includes interventions with the goal of helping patients with their existing skills and it can be aimed at individual as well groups of people. To maintain an existing situation or help in connection with pre- existing skills is the main key support element of this therapy.
- Family interventions: There are people who come from high level of expressed emotional background. In simple words family consisting of high level of criticism hostility. Experts have worked hard to help people with mental diseases. A variety of methods exist to help their families. These interventions are practiced to improve relationships between family members and reduce the level of expressed emotion.
Psychoeducational Interventions using a drug recovery center: This type of intervention is mainly used in rehabilitating patients suffering from manic depression. A person affected with such disorders makes them feel overly happy at certain moments and at other times feel very hopeless, sad and unenergetic.
Therapies that aim to reduce complaints and improve functions related to manic disorders or social problems are known as psychological rehabilitation. Such swimming programs provide a variety of educational programs to promote individual skills such as proper nutrition, personal hygiene, illness management, etc.
Identifying psychological rehabilitation interventions is a field that is rooted in the prin